When you log in to Zingle, you'll be taken directly to the Inbox, highlighted in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
To the top right, clicking any of the three options will bring down menus explained below.
- New Message: Send a new message to a new or existing contact, tags or segments.
- New Contact: Create a contact profile from scratch.
- Chat With Us: If you're experiencing technical difficulties, you can reach a Support representative 7 days a week to chat.
- Support Docs: Access our Zingle Knowledge Base for more information on anything from first steps to advanced automations.
- Status: The Zingle status page gives a live update of Zingle's performance such as Inbox load times, important integration information, know issues or bugs.
Admin Settings: Click on the your Zingle service's name to the top right to access the drop-down menu.
- (XXX) -XXX-XXXX: Displayed under your initials is your Zingle number. This is the phone number that you'll want to promote and instruct your customers to text in to.
- Additional services: Under the number, you'll see any Zingle services that you have access to. In the screenshot above, you'll see that the Hotel California service is selected but we could toggle over to "The San Diegan" service.
- Admin Settings: (Administrators only): Manage Users, Contacts Fields, Tags, Segments, Channels, Integrations and Billing/Usage. Click here for more detail on Admin Settings.
- My Settings: Manage your display name, password, signature and notification preferences.
Upon opening the inbox, you'll see conversations to the left in one of two states, Open or Closed with Blue or Red dots marking unread conversations.
- Open: The default view, conversations in the Open column are actionable to users in the service. As a best practice, it is recommended that as you end conversations with contacts, you close them accordingly.
- Closed: All recent conversations that have been closed can still be accessed by clicking over into the Closed tab. Outbound messages sent from the service, group messages and messages sent by Zings will also default to this column. For more information on how long conversation data is stored, click here.
Select a conversation to expand the Conversation Detail and Contact Detail panes.
CONVERSATION DETAIL PANE
Starting at the bottom of the Conversation Detail page, we see that the reply box gives you the option to type a message and reply along with the following options:
- Templates: select pre-loaded responses
- Zings: manually trigger a Zing to fire
- Attachments: Attach PNG, JPEG, GIF or VContact files, up to 4MB in size
- Internal Note: Notate conversations with comments visible to other Zingle users without messaging the contact
- Emojis: Personalize your message with emojis
- Add a delay: Set messages to go out at a later time
- Reply: Sends your message without closing the conversation
- Reply + Close: Your response marks the end of the conversation and closes it
- Close: Closes the conversation without replying
Moving to the top of the pane, you'll see three dots. When selected, a drop-down menu shows a series of functions.
- Show detailed events: Shows every action that occurs within the dashboard, e.g. "User MMILNER Closed this conversation- 9:34 AM"
- Mark Unread: Clicking into a conversation automatically marks the conversation as read, selecting Mark Unread reapplies the blue "unread" dot to the conversation
- Export to CSV: Export all conversation history with a contact to an Excel (CSV) file
CONTACT DETAIL PANE
More information about the contact you're communicating with can be gathered from the Contact Detail Pane.
- Title & Name: Fields for preferred title, first and last name
- Channels: Add phone, email or any supported channel, explore the social and integration collections of our knowledge base to understand what more is possible
- Block Inbound Messages: Restrict messages of a contact from coming in to your inbox
- Block Outbound Messages: Restrict any of the messages sent from your service from going out to a contact
- Events: Set appointments, reservations or events
- Segments: Categories that contacts fall in and out of depending on the criteria set, in example above the contact is the FLR 5 segment due to the room number of 530 falling within the 500-599 range
- Tags: Identifiers applied automatically by Zings or manually by users
- Contact Fields: Custom fields that give information needed to communicate with contacts effectively
- Notes: Add any additional notations in this area, visible to all users
When you navigate to the contacts section, you can view and manage every contact that has messaged into or has been uploaded into your service.
From the left, filters can be applied to categorize subsets of your contacts. When saved, this becomes a segment.
In the middle of the Contact Display pane, actions can be performed on contacts. Important note: When no contacts are selected, actions are automatically applied to all contacts.
- Compose Message: Send a message to just the contacts selected
- Add/Remove a Tag: Add or remove tags by groups of contacts
- Update: Mass edit contact fields, you could change the departure date for a group hotel guests for example
- Export: Export contacts to a CSV, delivered to your email
- Merge: If the same contact has messaged in via two or more separate channels, you can merge the contacts to consolidate
- Delete: Remove selected contacts from your service entirely, this deletes all conversation history with the contact as well
To the top right of the pane, the Show/Hide button allows you to select the columns to view. The gear icon on the button to the right of it allows you to import contacts en masse via CSV.
Any instance where Zingle performs an action automatically is called a Zing. To access your Zings, select the tab from your navigation bar. From this page, you're able to view, edit or toggle automations on/off. Visit the Automate collection of our Knowledge Base to learn more about how to use Zings.
Select the +Create Zing or Zing Marketplace to view, customize and implement existing Zing Templates or Start from Scratch.
Analytics allow you to report on just about everything that happens in your Zingle service.
The following reports can be run with parameters set from the middle and right filter panes:
- Message Volume: Track amount of inbound/outbound messages
- Contacts Created: See trends in the creation of contacts
- Unique Contact Engagement: Separate from Message Volume, unique contact engagement tracks the amount of each unique contact with which there's been at least one interaction e.g. 1,000 inbound/outbound messages with 100 contacts with yield 100 unique contact interactions
- Team Performance Trends: See trends in the amount of conversations closed and messages sent over the interval selected
- Team Performance Totals: Lump sum of average time for team to read the first incoming messages of a conversation, conversations closed and messages sent
- Templates summary: Track how frequently each template was used over the interval selected
- Zing summary: Track how frequently each zings was fired over the interval selected
- Survey results - ratings: When a 1-5 rating survey Zing is set up, track the amount of responses by numerical value
- Survey results - yes/no: Similarly, this report pulls number of responses by yes or no
- Export Message Detail: This function exports every conversation for the interval selected to a CSV, similar to the export of a singular conversation but in bulk
Once the report you'd like to run is selected, set the parameters:
- Date Range: Choose Past Week, Past 4 Weeks, Past 12 Weeks or set a custom range
- Decrease or Increase "Granularity:" Select the intervals in which the report is displayed
- Filters: Choose which channels you'd like included in the report and inbound vs outbound messages
Finally, once your report has been customized to your satisfaction, you can export to a CSV to save the results.
If you made it this far, congrats! 🎊 🎉 You have the essential tools to be a proficient Zingler!
Explore the other collections on our Knowledge Base here to learn about any of the above feature in more depth. Happy texting!