If you're one of the thousands using our new interface, we've been busy fixes bugs and improving the product.
❗️ Note: The changes in this document apply to the new interface only. There will be no changes to the Classic interface or environment.
If you aren't using the new interface, click the big purple button in the upper right corner to switch. If you don't see a button, please speak with your Zingle Account Manager.
The Exciting Stuff 😃
- We have redesigned the login screens to offer more options when signing in. You'll now have new options to sign in via Google, Slack, and Microsoft Office 365. If your current Zingle username is an email and that email is the same one used with Google, Slack, or Microsoft Office 365 (depending on what your company uses as a provider), you can now log in by using one of the providers as opposed to entering your email address and password on the login screen. Why is this better? This provides a sort of Single Sign On (SSO) solution where you only need to authenticate to a provider you're already using as opposed to remembering your Zingle specific password. Give it a try, we think you'll like it!
Detailed Notes 😴
- Desktop notifications are critical to the Zingle user experience. We've added easy to use horizontal colored bars to indicate when desktop notifications need to be turned on.
- Resolved issue where edited Segment (formerly Group) didn't update labels and filtered Segment Contacts
- Dates and times should now update without requiring a browser refresh
- Resolved an issue where, in certain cases, the left conversation feed was not updating when sending group messages.
- Resolved an issue where, in some cases, messages were showing in the incorrect feeds (center pane).
- When Autoresponder is ON - incoming messages will now properly show in center feed and it will send auto response.